Disabling safety protocols increases the ship's top speed in combat by 50/30/20/- (depending on ship size, with a corresponding increase in acceleration) and allows the zero-flux engine boost to take effect regardless of flux level. The flux dissipation rate, including that of additional vents, is increased by a factor of 2.
Reduces the peak performance time by a factor of 0.33, prevents the use of active venting, and drastically reduces weapon ranges past 450 units.
Can not be installed on civilian or capital ships.
OP cost: 15/30/45/-
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Built-in on many Luddic Path ships and not removed by restoring the ship, making them quite attractive if you wanted Safety Overrides anyway
- The range penalty is one quarter, applied only to range past 450. Adjusted range = ((range - 450) * 0.25 ) + 450
- Safety Overrides increases the Engines plume size, indirectly increasing engine durability
- Take great care fighting inside Terrain that decreases CR faster, such as a Sun's corona.
- Alternatively fighting in such terrain is excellent against Luddic Path or other Safety Overrides opponents
- Highly inadvisable to use in conjunction with Unreliable Subsystems
- SO can easily be identified by the bright coloration of their plumes, which range from bright reddish pink for Low-tech to a harsh purple white for High-tech.
Only up to date for version 0.8a-RC19. It is likely still broadly correct but not verified for the most up to date data yet. Please double check the Version History