|An envelope of charged plasma seeded with exotic virtual particles producing effects which disrupt the combat effectiveness of long-range bombardment and even incursion by small vessels. The planetary shield can be continually charged and controlled by a central source and presents a formidable obstacle to any form of ground assault.|
A Planetary Shield costs 750 000 credits to construct, and has a build time of 90 days.
Planetary Shield applies a x3 multiplier to a colony's ground defense strength.
1,500 * (pop size - 2), multiplied by market upkeep modifier (hazard rating)
Planetary Shield does not produce any commodities.
Planetary Shield does not demand any commodities.
AI Cores Edit
Planetary Shield receives the following perks from the assignment of an AI Core;
- Gamma; reduces demand by one unit
- Beta; reduces demand by one unit, reduces upkeep cost by 25%
- Alpha; reduces demand by one unit, reduces upkeep cost by 25%, increases ground defenses by x1.5
- The Planetary Shield is currently the only colony structure in the game that must be learned through a blueprint before becoming available to build.
- Constructing a Planetary Shield on a colony will create a red shell around that planet, identical to that in the Red Planet quest. The effect is visible in the Command screen, the background of the colony's menu, and actual space. The effect stops appearing if the Planetary Shield is shut down.