| Centralized manufacturing infrastructure for production of heavy industrial equipment, supplies, and weapons. Also capable of producing barely-spaceworthy starships; a nanoforge can be installed to improve production quality.
Upgraded with an orbital component that further facilitates ship construction, resulting in fewer manufacturing defects.
Ships produced will have a +20% ship quality bonus, averaging 1 less D-mod per ship.
Orbital Works has a base upkeep of 6 000 credits, increasing by the same amount for each colony size past 3.
Orbital Works produces the following commodities;
- Heavy Machinery; equal to colony size, minus two
- Supplies; equal to colony size, minus two
- Heavy Armaments; equal to colony size, minus two
Orbital Works demands the following commodities;
- Metals; equal to colony size
- Transplutonics; equal to colony size, minus two
AI Cores Edit
Orbital Works receives the following bonuses when assigned an AI Core;
- Gamma; reduces demand by 1 unit
- Beta; reduces demand by 1 unit, reduces upkeep cost by 25%
- Alpha; reduces demand by 1 unit, reduces upkeep cost by 25%, increases production by 1 unit
- Increases Luddic Path cell interest moderately (2), increasing to 6 if a Nanoforge is installed.
|Industry||Population & Infrastructure · Spaceport · Waystation · Farming · Aquaculture · Mining · Tech-Mining · Refining · Megaport · Light Industry · Heavy Industry · Orbital Works · Fuel Production · Commerce · Orbital Station · Ground Defences · Heavy Batteries · Patrol HQ · Military Base · High Command|
|Special||Lion's Guard HQ · Planetary Shield · Cryosanctum · Cryorevival Facility|
- Added to the game
Only up to date for version 0.9. It is likely still broadly correct but not verified for the most up to date data yet. Please double check the Version History