Slow down another fleet heading towards the source of the pulse.
Enabled by default
Notes[edit | edit source]
Triggering an Interdiction Pulse will cause it to takes some time to charge up, while the fleet slows to a stop. Other movement related abilities are disabled for the duration of the pulse. The range is based on sensor strength. Effect magnitude is based on the comparative sensor strength of using fleet and target.
Being hit by an Interdiction Pulse will cause Sustained Burn, Emergency Burn, Transverse Jump & any Interdiction Pulse charging to be interrupted and go into partial cooldown, based on relative sensor strength. Your own Interdiction Pulse will not disable your movement abilities.
Interdiction Pulse is considered a minor hostile act and can trigger unwanted reputation drops for any nearby fleets so some care is needed for extensive use near friendly fleets, although fleets in the same faction are unaffected.
Sufficient relative sensor strength allows fleets to partially or completely ignore Interdiction Pulse. One way to avoid one is to trigger Active Sensor Burst to temporarily boost sensor strength. Particularly effective with level 3 of the sensor skill, which halves the movement penalty of Active Sensor Burst. An Apogee is also a good solution for fleets looking to avoid being interdicted while also remaining relatively fast at burn 8, due to its built-in High Resolution Sensors providing as much sensor strength as a capital ship.
|Default||Active Sensor Burst · Distress Call · Emergency Burn · Go Dark · Interdiction Pulse · Scavenge (ability) · Sustained Burn · Transponder|
|From skills||Neutrino Detector · Remote Survey · Transverse Jump|
Change History[edit | edit source]
- Added to game
- Takes some time to charge up, fleet slows to a stop during this time
- Interrupts and/or triggers the cooldown on movement-related abilities of fleets in range
Emergency Burn, Sustained Burn, Transverse Jump Also interrupts other charging interdiction pulses
- Range is based on sensor strength of using fleet; shown while ability is charging
- Effect magnitude is based on the comparative sensor strength of using fleet and target
No longer based on relative movement direction of target
- Cooldown for affected abilities is set to a value based on the effect magnitude
E.G: 6 seconds base, +- (difference in sensor strength / 200)
- Sufficient sensor strength on affected fleet allows it to avoid interdict entirely
This includes using Active Sensor Burst
- AI fleets use IP and are aware of the various interactions
- Does not affect fleets of same faction
- Reworked after these changes
- Stops the fleet and charges for some time, then disrupts drive fields of nearby fleets
- Temporarily reduces the burn level based on whether a fleet is heading towards the pulse source
- Interrupts target fleet's movement-related abilities such as Emergency Burn and Sustained Burn
- No resource or CR cost; 1 day cooldown
- Slight reputation penalty if successfully used w/ transponder on; won't make hostile
- Other fleets will try to avoid it by turning away
- Used by AI fleets, available to player by default
Only up to date for version 0.8.1a-RC8. It is likely still broadly correct but not verified for the most up to date data yet. Please double check the Version History