|Agriculture is a trade and technology as old as civilization itself; for thousands of cycles Humanity has harnessed the power of natural, modified, and artificial biological machines for sustenance. So it has always been, so it shall be so long as humans are human.|
Farming does not provide any benefits to the colony.
Farming has a base upkeep of 500 credits, increasing by the same amount for each colony size past 3.
Farming costs 75 000 credits to build, and has a build time of 60 days.
Farming produces the following commodities;
- Food; equal to colony size, plus the farmland's modifier (between -1 and +2)
Farming demands the following commodities;
- Heavy Machinery; equal to the colony size, minus three
A shortage of Heavy Machinery will reduce the production of Food by an amount equal to the shortage.
Farming receives the following perks from the assignment of an AI Core;
- Gamma; reduces demand by one unit
- Beta; reduces demand by one unit, reduces upkeep by 25%
- Alpha; reduces demand by one unit, reduces upkeep by 25%, increases production by one unit
- On Water planets, Farming is replaced by Aquaculture, which requires additional Heavy Machinery (equal to colony size) and suffers a higher upkeep. Aquaculture can produce Volturnian Lobster if built on the planet Volturn in the Askonia system, in addition to the typical Food production.
|Industry||Population & Infrastructure · Spaceport · Waystation · Farming · Aquaculture · Mining · Tech-Mining · Refining · Megaport · Light Industry · Heavy Industry · Orbital Works · Fuel Production · Commerce · Orbital Station · Ground Defences · Heavy Batteries · Patrol HQ · Military Base · High Command|
|Special||Lion's Guard HQ · Planetary Shield · Cryosanctum · Cryorevival Facility|
Up to date for version 0.9.1