Converts the ship's standard shuttle hangar to house a fighter bay. The improvised manufactory that produces fighter chassis is unreliable, and most components have minor defects. Fighter speed reduced by 17%, and damage taken increased by 25%.
Increases the minimum crew required by 20 to account for pilots and bay crews. Increases the ordnance point cost of bombers by 100%, and of all other fighters by 50%.
Can not be installed on frigates, phase ships, or ships that already have proper fighter bays.
OP cost: -/10/15/20
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adds a fighter slot to a ship
- The negative modifiers to fighter speed and fighter damage taken have D-mod properties, and are halved by the third level of Safety Procedures
- Fighters from a Converted Hanger will have visual repair patches displayed on them
Change History[edit | edit source]
- Removed fighter replacement rate penalty
- Can now re-launch returned fighters quickly, i.e. useful for bombers
- Fighters have reduced stats and d-mod overlay as if the ship had a Defective Manufactory d-mod
- (-33% speed, +50% damage taken)
- OP cost for bombers increased by 100%; by 50% for all other fighters
Up to date for version 0.9.1