Converts the ship's standard shuttle hangar to house a fighter bay. The improvised manufactory that produces fighter chassis is unreliable, and most components have minor defects. Fighter speed reduced by 17%, and damage taken increased by 25%.
Increases the minimum crew required by 20 to account for pilots and bay crews. Increases the ordnance point cost of bombers by 100%, and of all other fighters by 50%.
Can not be installed on frigates, phase ships, or ships that already have proper fighter bays.
OP cost: -/10/15/20
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adds a fighter slot to a ship
- The negative modifiers to fighter speed and fighter damage taken have D-mod properties, and are halved by the third level of Safety Procedures
- Fighters from a Converted Hanger will have visual repair patches displayed on them
Change History[edit | edit source]
- Removed fighter replacement rate penalty
- Can now re-launch returned fighters quickly, i.e. useful for bombers
- Fighters have reduced stats and d-mod overlay as if the ship had a Defective Manufactory d-mod
- (-33% speed, +50% damage taken)
- OP cost for bombers increased by 100%; by 50% for all other fighters
Only up to date for version 0.9.1. It is likely still broadly correct but not verified for the most up to date data yet. Please double check the Version History