|Farming on a water world requires a significant initial investment in bio-engineering suitable species, but once the process takes off, algae farms and fisheries can be operated by the population without requiring much in the way of specialized training or equipment.|
Aquaculture is an industry. It can be built on any Colony established on a Water planet, and cannot be built on any other planet type.
Aquaculture does not provide any benefits to the colony.
Aquaculture has a base upkeep of 1 500 credits, increasing by the same amount for each colony size past 3.
Aquaculture produces the following commodities;
- Food; equal to colony size
Additionally, based on available resources, Aquaculture can also produce the following commodities;
Aquaculture demands the following commodities;
- Heavy Machinery; equal to colony size
A shortage of Heavy Machinery will reduce the production of Food by an amount equal to the shortage.
Aquaculture receives the following perks from the assignment of an AI Core;
- Gamma; reduces demand by one unit
- Beta; reduces demand by one unit, reduces upkeep by 25%
- Alpha; reduces demand by one unit, reduces upkeep by 25%, increases production by one unit
- Aquaculture is unique to Water planets. Any other planet type can instead build Farming, assuming the presence of farmlands. Farming has a lower upkeep, and demands less Heavy Machinery.
- Due to the Water planet unique farming condition Water-covered Surface, which replaces typical farmlands, it is not possible for Food to receive a resource condition modifier.
- Volturnian Lobster Pens only appear on the planet Volturn in the Askonia system. Aquaculture only produces one lobster, requiring Industrial Planning (2) or an Alpha Core to produce additional units.
|Industry||Population & Infrastructure · Spaceport · Waystation · Farming · Aquaculture · Mining · Tech-Mining · Refining · Megaport · Light Industry · Heavy Industry · Orbital Works · Fuel Production · Commerce · Orbital Station · Ground Defences · Heavy Batteries · Patrol HQ · Military Base · High Command|
|Special||Lion's Guard HQ · Planetary Shield · Cryosanctum · Cryorevival Facility|
Up to date for version 0.9.1