|Launches flares to confuse the guidance systems of nearby enemy missiles. The flares are fast and actively track the missiles.|
This ship system is used on the following hulls:
- Apogee; fires 6 flares per burst.
- Buffalo; fires 3 flares per burst.
- Mercury; fires 3 flares per burst.
- Valkyrie; fires 3 flares per burst.
The number of flares launched at a time is based on the number of hidden flare launchers mounted in each hull type.
This system differs from the Flare Launcher and Decoy Flare Launcher due to the flares' ability to target enemy projectiles and their significantly higher speed. Active flares are capable of targeting enemy missiles, phase mines, and even enemy flares.
Once fired, these flares will continue travelling in a single direction until a target is detected; they are capable of travelling 2000 SU. The flares have a distinct green hue that separates them from other kinds of flares.
- Tempest: Replaced Active Flare Launcher with High Energy Focus
- Tempest: Ship system is now "Active Flare Launcher"
- Modified to have unlimited uses and slightly improved flare speed
- Apogee: replaced ship system with Active Flare Launcher (2x)
Only up to date for version 0.9. It is likely still broadly correct but not verified for the most up to date data yet. Please double check the Version History